Hearing loss is often a slow process, making it easy to disregard the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Unlike children, who get regular hearing tests in school, adults hardly ever even think of scheduling an appointment. You wouldn’t dismiss a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you keep track of the health of your hearing?
It’s worthwhile to get regular hearing tests, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be revealed by day-to-day situations. Ask yourself these questions: Do I constantly ask people what they said? Do I need to turn up the TV volume? Do noisy settings make discussions challenging? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you replied yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should have a hearing exam every 10 years and every 3 years after that, according to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is a good reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing assessments provide a reference point for future hearing examination comparisons, enabling you to monitor changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Issues, such as earwax buildup, or noise-induced hearing loss, can be identified early on by routine hearing exams, preventing further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can on occasion be revealed by hearing loss. If you do have one of these conditions, managing it might help your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have extensive consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and general quality of life, letting you fully participate in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and stay alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, the laughter of your grandchildren, or a loved one’s voice.
Protect your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing test with us right away.