Hearing You Loud and Clear Sanford: About Bright Audiology
Dr. Angela Bright Pearson is uniquely able to understand your struggle with hearing loss. She suffered hearing loss in childhood, so she knows exactly how it feels. Receiving her first set of hearing aids at age 16 was a life-changing event. From then on, she wanted to become an audiologist to help people experience the joy of overcoming hearing loss like she had. She was one of the first in the nation to become a “Doctor of Audiology” at the University of Florida in 2000. Dr. Bright Pearson is a recognized authority on audiology and has taught at UNC Chapel Hill and UNC Greensboro, published and presented on the topic across the country and served on the North Carolina State audiology boards.
Her fellow audiologist Dr. Lisa Barbour, a NC native, also understands – she has worn hearing aids since the age of three! She has personally experienced the advancements in hearing device technology over the years and earned her Doctorate of Audiology in 2004 at the Pennsylvania College of Optometry-School of Audiology.
Brighter Hearing, Better Living: Our Mission to
Our hearing rehabilitation program is a complete hearing health care mission that encompasses the patient and his or her entire family! We help patients with everything from tinnitus evaluation and treatment to hearing tests for everyone in the family, and even provide customized ear protection for swimming, noisy environments and telecommunications devices. We provide:
- Thorough hearing tests to evaluate the actual mechanics of your hearing and how the brain processes sound and speech.
- Comprehensive testing of how various hearing aids work with each patient in the patient’s real-life environment. This helps you get the hearing aids that are best for you.
- Hearing device fittings using equipment that helps us verify the accurate performance of each device before, during and after a fitting.
- Auditory therapy helps patients recognize and understand spoken language.
- Family counseling to help everyone in the family understand how hearing loss impacts relationships; includes helpful coping strategies and advice!
- Our “Care for Life” program provides hearing device maintenance, cleaning and batteries for the life of each device.
Start listening in for the good stuff again by calling us for an appointment today at 919-888-4634!