Creating a regular fitness routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of working out itself is not always enjoyable. We do it primarily for the results and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to overcome the fatigue and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why most people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, usually by listening to music.
Music not only affords a distraction but also generates the determination and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and suddenly you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be valuable for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning mode, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet courses, developing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a gym partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, target and boost speech while suppressing background noise, making it easier to hold a conversation with your partner in a hectic gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are indispensable gym equipment, but you may be worried about possible damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and moisture to some degree, there are a few accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Think of investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, protecting them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become unintentionally dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – maintaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little planning, you can securely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more information about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!